The following are resources and tips I either created, researched and/or personally used (and can vouch for). Hope you find them useful and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. If any are outdated, please let me know :). Cheers!
Also: This page contains affiliate links, meaning I get a portion of a sale initiated from said links at no expense to you.
IF YOU’RE NEW TO BLOGGING:
- First of all, WordPress and the Genesis Framework are the best tools for your site and is what I use on my own websites.
1. Blogging Tips
Check out my easy guides for some important and nifty reminders and how-tos
- FTC Guidelines Decoded: The Complete Influencer’s Guide
- Top 7 Ways To Be A Great Commenter
- A Comprehensive List of Blogging DOs and DON’Ts
- Is WordPress For You?
2. Super Easy Search Engine Optimization Tips For Bloggers
- Why SEO is NOT Killing Your Blog
- Optimize Your Post for Search Engines – With just three key things to keep in mind, it’s easier than you’d expect!
- How to Link To Stuff The Right Way
FREE(!) post images, graphics, and icons!
- BESTEST guide out there (I used it when I made the switch from Blogger and it made the process SO smooth): The Easiest Way to Transfer from Blogger to WordPress (and keep your readers, links and rankings!)
- It’s long, it’s thorough, and it’s super helpful. Having said that, if you need help with your move, I can also assist you.
- Genesis Framework: StudioPress, the company that designed both this framework and a ton of other leading child themes for it, INCLUDING the one adorning by awesome blog, helped make my DIY move to Genesis an incredibly easy one.
- Everything StudioPress makes is so intuitive and well-built, and its support team is one of the best I’ve come across–they’re super resourceful and patient. Definitely give them a try–and please do it through my links ;).
- This PDF (1.4MB) shows you how to get started with the Genesis Framework
- And here’s why you NEED Genesis
TOOLS FOR AFTER YOU SET UP YOUR WORDPRESS BLOG/SITE
- Just keep the WordPress commenting system. All others present more challenges than they’re worth.
- And use this notification plugin to let commenters know when someone else has replied to their comments on your blog. (Otherwise commenters never find out!)
- Set up “Follow by email” in WordPress
- Display your Popular Posts
- Set up Google Analytics on WP >> This plugin makes it so easy!
Don’t forget: Contact me if you have any questions!