If you’re newish here and want to get to know me better, this post is your answer! (And if you’re not new, there may have been a few of these you missed, so if you stay I promise you won’t regret it.)
I NOW PRESENT TO YOU THE RANTING LATINA‘S TOP POSTS OF 2013 (plus a few of my faves from other years)
10. Vintage Shakira Is Responsible for Shakira’s Greatest Hits & 21 Reasons Why Colombians Are The Happiest: Naturally, there had to be a toss-up w/posts about my native country on here!
9. How to Link The Right Way: Guess what! I can probably count on one hand the number of “big” bloggers who actually link properly (i.e., those who DON’T link to terms like “this post,” “via,” or “website”). If you learn how to link properly, you’ll have about a third to half of the Search Engine Optimization game all figured out.
8. Reposting Hurts Your Blog: It just does. So stop doing it. On that post I also share easy alternatives to reposting.
7. It’s Not About Modesty; It’s About Class And Comfort: To me, modesty is about way more than God or men.
6. I’m Not A Car That Needs To Be Test-Driven: The way I see it, live-in relationships are pointless and demeaning. But to each their own, I guess.
5. Could Josh Groban Be Any Dreamier?: Josh Groban came to SLC this past October, and let’s just say I was in heaven.
4. In Defense Of Overprotective Parents: Those of us with “overprotective” parents have a leg up in life for the reasons I describe in that post.
3. In Defense Of Being A Goody Two-Shoes: Being “goody two-shoes” doesn’t mean we don’t have fun; it means we have the right kind of fun. Drunk blogging? That’s for losers. I blog and live responsibly.
2. Protect Yourself Against Apple Picking: If you DON’T know what “Apple picking” is, then this warning is for you!
1. Become A Great Commenter: One major activity that’ll help you succeed in blogland (and on the Internet, in general) is to establish (and become a member of) a good, wholesome community. And a key to get there is by networking and commenting on other sites often. That post explains what to keep in mind when doing so.
BONUS! A Tutorial: Making social media buttons with Pickmonkey (>> you don’t need PM Royale for that one anymore!)
Which of those did YOU enjoy the most?
And before I forget…